[3830] CQWW CW CR6T(OH1NOA) SOSB/20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW CR6T(OH1NOA) SOSB/20 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 04:29:01 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: CR6T
Operator(s): OH1NOA
Station: CT1DVV

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: Silveirinho
Operating Time (hrs): 40

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20: 3423    37      128
   15:
   10:
------------------------------

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

My best single band score so far, but I am not satisfied tom my result. I wonder
what I could work when station works 100%. This year had radio problems before
the contest and switched to "plan B". During the contest I got severe RF
problems. I couldn't beam to certain directions at all (ie. Central Europe).
KLM had SWR problems and I couldn't use it much. RF also made problems with
laptop & keyboard. I lost some 30-45 minutes prime time both days. I estimate
that 3600 qsos would have been easy without these Murphy visits.

Propagation was quite good. Of course nighttime condx were poor especially
during the second night, which gave an opportunity to have some sleep (total
sleeping time about 2,5 hours). Pileups were longer to USA than previous years.
At 16z on Saturday I had a 180q hour. Then condx lasted to about 2200z. Asia was
tough: I had a longpath opening to JA on Sat and shortpath on Sun, but missed
lots of normal AS/OC-multipliers which usually call me (9M2, 9M6, DU, VR2 etc).
I tried to beat 9V1YC's pileup without success.

Multiplier is quite normal for unassisted, need to have a second radio on same
band (RXing same time than transmitting with 1st one) to get more. Plus missed
those Asian/OC mults and several easy nearby ones. I called without success at
least VE2XAA/2 (missed zones 2, 23 and 34), TI5N, 9V1YC, OA4SS, 8Q7DV etc.

This was my 9th CQWWCW contest from Portugal and my 10th contest from
CT8T/CR6T. Thanks again to my super host, Santos Family (CT1DVV, CT1ESV, CT1YQM
and family)!

Outside of contest I had some pileups with callsign CT7/OJ0M.

73, Timo OH1NOA, OJ0M