[3830] CQWW CW P40L(@P40L/P49Y) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jfore@wsgr.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW P40L(@P40L/P49Y) M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 17:11:24 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: P40L
Operator(s): W6LD, KX7M, N7MH, W0YK
Station: P40L/P49Y

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Aruba
Operating Time (hrs): 48.0

  160:  230    18       68
   80:  871    29      108
   40: 2266    38      138
   20: 1720    38      143
   15: 1978    36      138
   10:  761    22       65
------------------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

We had a lot of fun and are very pleased to have exceeded our 2005 results by
over a million points, even though we finished the first night behind the 2005
pace.

The original plan had been to bring together our 2005 CQWW CW team again in an
effort to improve on our 2005 efforts.  Unfortunately, Rick, N6XI, had to
cancel at the last minute due to the recent death of his dad.  We were very
fortunate that Ed, W0YK, was able to jump in on short notice to round out the
team, although Rickâ??s presence was missed.

Conditions on the low bands were good.  On Saturday, 10 meters only opened to
the USA.  Fortunately for the overall multiplier count, it opened to Europe for
a couple of hours on Sunday.  However, itâ??ll take a lot more sunspots before
weâ??ll be able to close the gap with the 10 meter multiplier counts achieved
by the teams operating from Northern Africa and Asia.

We used Win-Test for logging due to a number of compelling features it offers,
such as the partner mode, for multi-op efforts.  We all struggled a bit early
in the contest with our relative lack of familiarity with the program, but we
made a lot of progress getting up the learning curve before and during the
contest.  We expect to be able to utilize it even more effectively in future
contests.

Outside the contest, we enjoyed dinners and visits with Alex, KU1CW (operating
as P40C) and his wife, Natashi, KU1YL, and John, W2GD (operating with his usual
call, P40W), as well as Jean-Pierre, P43A, and his wife, Christine, P43C.

Congrats to the many fine efforts in this contest, especially the terrific
results by the D4C, P33W and P3F multi-single teams.

As always, thanks for all the contacts!

73,

John, W6LD/P40L

Station:

Rigs:  Elecraft K3s (2)
Amps:  Alpha 86, Ten-Tec Titan 425
Antennas:
C31XR at 43 feet
2 elements 10 meter at 55 feet
5 elements 15 meter at 55 feet
4 elements 20 meter at 68 feet
2 elements 40 meter at 76 feet
1 element 80 meter Sigma 80 at 64 feet
160 meter vertical at 67 feet
Four 500 foot beverages using K9AY switching box/preamp
Logging software:  Win-Test on four networked computers
DSL Internet for Packet

73,

John

W6LD/P40L

P40L
By band - All modes
QSOs (with dupes) - By time

 Hr       160        80        40        20        15        10    Total

00                   13       163        16                           192
01          4        22       141                                     167
02          5        26       181                                     212
03          7       100        40                                     147
04          6        12       142         3                           163
05         31        13       133                                     177
06         86        87         8                                     181
07          6        39       137                                     182
08          5        47        80                                     132
09          2        26        41                                      69
10                    1       123        34                           158
11                             15       132        28                 175
12                                      101        95                 196
13                              1         5       153         3       162
14                                      123        61         5       189
15                                       26        18       159       203
16                                        1       181         7       189
17                                       72        97                 169
18                                       53       134         8       195
19                                        2       221         2       225
20                                        4       190         1       195
21                              1         3       163                 167
22                              4       212        13                 229
23                    1        44       150         2                 197
00          3         1       181                                     185
01                            160         6                           166
02         29        56        62                                     147
03          5       178         5                                     188
04          1       145         2                                     148
05         47        44         1                                      92
06                    5       155                                     160
07          7                 132                                     139
08                             82         1                            83
09                   59        25         1                            85
10          1         3       106         5         1                 116
11                              3       125         7                 135
12                                      131         8         3       142
13                                      108        50         1       159
14                                        2       180         5       187
15                                        1       127        60       188
16                                        3         2       140       145
17                                                  1       166       167
18                                        3         2       207       212
19                                                154        12       166
20                              2        36       141         1       180
21                              2       221                           223
22                    3        13       180                           196
23                            151         2                           153