[3830] ARRL 160 N0AH M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bryonveal@msn.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 N0AH M/S LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 06:55:17 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N0AH
Operator(s): N0AH
Station: N0AH

Class: M/S LP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 31

Total:  QSOs = 532  Sections = 82  Countries = 5  Total Score = 88,724

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

One Cushcraft MA160 vertical, one single K9AY loop East/West, and 100 watts with
a Pro III- Assisted after getting bored- finally went to look at the cluster
spots- So now, me, myself, and I are a multi op- with everyone running
gigawatts and 10 ops, hihi (-:

Fun contest full of Murphy events.  Dog got out first night so that was a bit
of pressure...dog is ok- slept in neighbor's yard- Second night, a must see at
church with my three daughters in a Christmas play, so I missed a few prime
time hours looking for my dog, and watching the play- eventful- and I did see
the last few minutes of some ball games!!

Best moments were many- I knew this set would play- great to work all 50
states- only missed PR, NL, NT- never saw any spots for them, or heard them-
most likely due to not working much of the contest during hours they could have
been on-

Pro III and Dentron 2000 were getting hung up as was my front end protector
relay- This rig needs an alignment- I really over worked it for the age of the
rig-

I only have 15KHz of 3:1 bandwidth centered on 1.818Mhz.....But I worked
stations between the rig's tuner or the Dentron from the bottom of the band up
to 1.890MHz-

All the mults I saw posted and worked, like 1/2 of NY, eventually other
stations in these mults called me on my run frequencies- so who needs a cluster
and who needs an amp! Har! To the 5 ops who just decided to take my run
frequency, hope you enjoyed yourselves- I think I won three of the five take
overs- One op actually asked, so I was fine- I just love how this happens- like
your 20 over 9 and you didn't hear me running ...? Bah Humbug-

I had a blast! Worked 33 ops in Colo but 41 in MN-

73  Paul  N0AH

If you have a small backyard, and you want to be on Top Band, get the MA160V
and find a good K9AY single loop system- don't forget to radialize your yard-