[3830] ARRL 160 W2IRT Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w2irt@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 W2IRT Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 07:58:35 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: W2IRT
Operator(s): W2IRT
Station: W2IRT

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NJ
Operating Time (hrs): 12.1

Total:  QSOs = 318  Sections = 89  Countries = 22  Total Score = 63,012

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Had fun. Operated mostly S&P although I did try running a few times with modest
success. Next to CQWW, this is my favourite contest of the season. Too much to
do around the house indirectly limited my operating time again this year since
I was too tired to pull all-nighters.

Almost everything was operating perfectly but it seems one leg of my K9AY loop
got deer-nibbled or trampled out in the back. Fortunately it was the NW-facing
direction that failed, which is probably the direction I use the least.

A couple of highlights stand out. First, I got states number 49 (WY) and 50
(ND) on 160, and second, after some brief troubleshooting on Friday night, I
worked WW3DE in DE, despite my forgetting to turn the power control back up
from its left-most stop. I worked him using only 600mW. Guess my 55' Inverted-L
works, eh?

Won't be in town for Stew this year, so I think CQ 160 is my next contest. 73
to one and all and thanks for the Q's!