[3830] ARRL 160 K8AJS Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jbastin@sssnet.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 K8AJS Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 09:06:38 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K8AJS
Operator(s): K8AJS
Station: K8AJS

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 18

Total:  QSOs = 856  Sections = 74  Countries = 23  Total Score = 174,503

Club:

Comments:

Had a good time in this one. I don't know if conditions here were as good this
year as last year, my QSO count was down a bit but I did work a couple more
multipliers. The Pacific and ND sections I got last year were missing, but I
worked four more countries than last year, so my total multipliers were up a
couple.

Where was North Dakota? I was looking for a "clean sweep" of the contiguous US
sections, at least, but it was not to be had. ND was MIA. I missed NL and NT in
Canada, and PR and KL7 didn't get into the log, same as last year, but this time
Pacific is also missing and North Dakota. Not a good thing.

I spent a lot of time calling CQ the second night, had good rates but I know I
didn't hear everyone who called. This year I had an audio CW filter installed
which boosted the signal without also boosting the noise, which was helpful.
Apologies to those I missed, these old ears just don't hear as well as they
used to.

Another one in the log, now looking forward to 10 meters next weekend. Hoping
for good propagation, we'll see if I get it. Hope to see everyone in that one!

Rig: Yaesu FT1000MP, ALS-600 amp 500 watts
Antenna: Extended Inverted L
Software: WriteLog 10.81F