[3830] ARRL 160 VE3OSZ M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3osz@sympatico.ca
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 VE3OSZ M/S LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 11:32:19 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: VE3OSZ
Operator(s): VE3OSZ
Station: VE3OSZ

Class: M/S LP
QTH: Ottawa
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 90  Sections = 68  Countries = 22  Total Score = 22,140

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Decided to experiment this year to see how many multipliers I could get.

Operation was 100% S&P and worked each multiplier only once. Used the HB9FX Web
SDR a couple of times and so I am classed as M/S. Using the Web SDR helped me
get a couple of EU multipliers. It was very interesting to listen to the
contest on a European receiver. Best signals heard from NA were W8JI, K3ZM and
VY2ZM.

Didn't get up for the pre-dawn periods and so probably missed some multipliers
because of my laziness. Of course I also missed some multipliers from those
who, like me, were doing only S&P.

Ended up with more multipliers than ever obtained previously in this contest
using conventional operating technique, but only just.

Will return to normal operating in the Stew Perry TBDC. No multipliers in that
contest!

Station:

Drake TR7 @ 100 watts
Inverted L