[3830] CQWW CW JA1XMS SOSB/40 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, makoto@ki.nu
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW JA1XMS SOSB/40 LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 17:56:28 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: JA1XMS
Operator(s): JA1XMS
Station: JA1XMS

Class: SOSB/40 LP
QTH: Chiba, Japan
Operating Time (hrs): 24.5

  160:
   80:
   40:  470    31       82
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------

Club: JSFC

Comments:

I have enjoyed Wide open to world on 40m with winter season.
The Europe was opened from 08Z to 22Z, NA from 06Z to 17Z
(both for me).
  For the Power is 100W, I did almost S&P for the first half,
and running a little bit.  S&P(334, 71%) Run(136, 29%), the
ratio gets bigger in time wise.
  This was my first contest (of SOSB/40) I could work
multiple African stations, CR3L, IH9R, and ED9M. That's the
other reason I felt enjoyed.

  I was using TS-590 and this is the very first CW contest
with it.  The 50Hz width filter was great, especially for
S&P. It gains S/N ratio.  I thought such a narrow filter
didn't work with ringing.  But the S/N Ratio outweighs over
ringing. Also Noise reduction feature was useful.

Thanks who called me, and who responded to my call. Sorry
if I did not pick up even you called for my CQ.
Thanks the sponcer, CQ Magazine, and N1MM Logger developers,
especially John, K3CT, to fix VFO A/B issue on Kenwood machine.

Rig:
NA-440 at 110 feet, Inv. Vee at 30feet. TS-590, N1MM Logger