[3830] ARRL 160 WD5R(N5ECT) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wd5r@hughes.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 WD5R(N5ECT) Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 01:18:22 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: WD5R
Operator(s): N5ECT
Station: WD5R

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: ar
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 1254  Sections = 79  Countries = 37  Total Score = 310,155

Club:

Comments:

In the early 60â??s Marlene and I were living in South Florida.
We had a nice fishing boat.
Weekends we would spend lot of time fishing.
Trolling up and down the Miami coast line.
Or stopping for bottom fishing.
Lot of time with no action,
If we found a good hole we had to worry about
Tangling with other fishermenâ??s lines
But always the possibility of hanging a big one.
Sometimes conditions were good and  we could load the boat.
Other times we didnâ??t catch anything to brag about.
Of course there was always some nibbles,
 a few small catches that werenâ??t worth taking home.
When we get back to the dock weâ??d always see other boats with bigger
catches.

Last few years weâ??ve lived on a small chicken farm.
We still have a bunch of money invested in our toys.
We still look forward to the weekends dedicated to our radio games .
We still do a lot of trolling up and down the band.
We still stop and bottom fish .
There is always the hope of hanging a big one.
We still have to worry about tangling with other guys.
We catch a lot of small ones that we have to throw back because
We already got one  in the log.
When we get to the end of the contest  we always see that other guys
Have made bigger catches.

Except for being a hell of a lot older,
Not much has changed.

n5ect/wd5r