[3830] ARRL 10 AB1J SO CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ktfrog007@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 AB1J SO CW LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 14:05:35 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: AB1J
Operator(s): AB1J
Station: AB1J

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: Waltham, EMA
Operating Time (hrs): 10

   CW:  66     25
  SSB:   1      1
-------------------
Total:  66     25  Total Score = 7,050

Club:

Comments:

Well, this was a bust.  When, mid-morning Saturday, I heard K1LZ struggling to
pin down the call of an Austrian station, I knew I was in the deep doo-doo.  My
antenna is the moral equivalent of the proverbial wet string and when the Force
is with me I can truly work the world, but not this weekend, or any weekend in
recent memory.  I guess this is what VHF contests are like when things go blah.
 Openings were brief, signals in and out and it helped to be Quick-Draw McGraw.

Of course, no VT.  Couldnâ??t we interest some Germans or Finns or NYC yuppies
to make a major dxpedition there sometime?  I think electricity and houses are
readily available.  Itâ??s not a tent and generator operation.  Many of the
comforts of home, picturesque scenery (nice for a four-color fold out QSL),
colorful local culture, von Trapp singersâ?¦  See www.visit-vermont.com/

Next stop, WV.  Then on to ND.  Thereâ??s a 5BWAS waiting for me out there
somewhere over the rainbow.

As for 10M, I remain hopeful but am also aware that the arrow of time is
shooting us inexorably toward Cycle 25.  I canâ??t wait.

The Pats are playing the Bears in a whiteout in Chicago.  Guess Iâ??ll go
decipher that.

73 and Happy Holidays,
Kermit, AB1J