[3830] ARRL 10 K7RL SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 K7RL SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 17:08:34 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K7RL
Operator(s): K7RL
Station: K7RL

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): 22

   CW:  537    76
  SSB:  291    59
-------------------
Total:  828   135  Total Score = 368,550

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

Ten meters has shown signs of life this year and my score shows it.  Friday
night was the typical start â?" work the locals with a smattering of skip
stations sprinkled-in.  Saturday morning featured a mediocre opening to the
southeast U.S., with a very weak opening to the northeast.  South and Central
America peaked around mid-day and provided some action too.  As evening
approached, the band was pretty much dead.

Sunday morning was significantly better with a strong opening to the northeast
U.S., and a secondary opening to the southeast.  The band was open somewhere
all day, including JA near the end of the contest.  This was the first time in
many years that I worked JA.

Best DX was ZS1EL on CW, and ZS1ZY on SSB with great signals.  Most consistent
skip signal goes to NN7ZZ in Utah who was heard all weekend.  K1TO was a close
second!

Adding Mexican state multipliers was an interesting twist, adding about 21
extra mults to my score.  I think it increased participation from XE as there
were many stations to work.

Missed some usually easy mults like IA, NE, MN, MO, KS, AR, and OK.  Never
heard one.  Did not work DE either.

Thank you to all that worked me.  Happy holidays to everyone.

73 de Mitch, K7RL