[3830] ARRL 10 WA5RML SO CW QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ameasday@flash.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 WA5RML SO CW QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 18:20:08 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: WA5RML
Operator(s): WA5RML
Station: WA5RML

Class: SO CW QRP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 12.0

   CW:  50     18
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  50     18  Total Score = 4,896

Club:

Comments:

FT-817@5 wts to a Cushcraft MA5V vertical.  Conditions were marginal (at best) -
although some stations maintained strong signals for much of the contest - e.g.
K1TO, N4BP, K5KG, and 4B2S come to mind.  I seemed to have a "pipeline" to FL -
15 out of first 17 QSOs were FL stations.

Tough haul, though for QRP and marginal band conditions. I kept wondering if I
was the only one with poor propagation and then I saw KR2Q's comment on 3830 -
"I MUST BE INSANE!".  It made me feel a little better that even he could feel
like that after this contest. I certainly did!

Thanks to all the operators who worked so hard to copy my QRP signal.  Check
out the size of the MA5V (short vertical) and then go outside and give your
antennas a "hug" - They did the "heavy lifting" in those 50 QSOs!