[3830] ARRL 10 KU8E SO CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ku8e@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 KU8E SO CW LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 19:03:58 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: KU8E
Operator(s): KU8E
Station: KU8E

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 13:34

   CW:  334    73
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  334    73  Total Score = 96,192

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Icom 756PRO - 100 watts - 135 ft center fed zepp @ 50 ft

The propagation reminded me of what we get in GA during the June VHF contest on
6 meters. Had a couple good east coast runs and worked EU both mornings - EA and
CT. Also snagged V51YJ and V21DXI on Sunday morning and FO8RZ in the afternoon.
Pretty pleased with my score since I wasn't using a "real" 10 meter antenna.
Although it might have been an advantage over a beam at times since a 135 foot
zepp has so many lobes on 10 meters that enabled me to hear people calling me
from many different directions. I need to put up some more wire antennas to
fill in the null directions.

Missed : KY,NC,TN,AR,MS,WV,IN,ND,LB,MB,NU,NWT,SK and YU

DX Worked : XE(AGS,EMX,TAM,VER,YUC,ZAC)
V5,Z2,CT,EA,CO,J3,V3,VP5,ZF,FO,CE,CX,HC,HK,LU,PJ2,PY

Had to take some time off on Sunday for my daughter's 7th birthday. It was fun
during the time I was able to get on the air...

73's and Happy Holidays,  Jeff KU8E