[3830] ARRL 10 N6WM(@N6RO) SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n6wm@largeradio.org
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 N6WM(@N6RO) SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 19:19:50 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: N6WM
Operator(s): N6WM
Station: N6RO

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: Oakley, CA (EB)
Operating Time (hrs): 21

   CW:  647    83
  SSB:  512    66
-------------------
Total: 1159   149  Total Score = 538,188

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Well seems the band is trying to come back to life.  This QSO count is double
what it was when I sat in the same chair last year.  Only heard 1 JA, who was
very difficult copy, and he bailed on me before I got full copy (boy was I
trying hard!). More ZL/VK for sure this year, E51 and KH6 were the only other
pacific islands worked.  Was expecting maybe FO8RZ or someone on KH2 but I may
have missed them as I was operating unassisted.

Discovered an amp O/D on 10m issue late in the contest, usually not an issue at
the N6RO superstation, we will be digging into that so its not a future issue.
(Thanks to the op that clued me in something wasn't right, and Rich, AD6X who
listened in from Livermore to help as we adjusted to aleviate the issue)

N1MM was a major hassle with this and had to modify my score as one of the
Mexico mults was logged as VT, (fortunately this improved the mult count).
Needless to say this version needs some TLC prior to being prime time ready, we
will leave it at that.

Field tested the Elecraft P3 loaned to me by Ian, W6TCP and, well it made the
tranciever look cool, and nice to have the pan scope as well :-).

Openings domestically that were profound including 300 plus rate Sat am and
Sunday as well, each with slightly different focus providing many good mults
respectively.

Awsome getting calls from V5 and ZS while working the east coast, and super fun
to work friend NCCC/N6RO/K6LRG ex-patriot Robin K4VU at V31.. (both modes) You
bet dude, would love to join you down there for a test!

A tip of the hat to Jack, KF6T who turned in a great score, Jack I can tell we
are locked in battle on this one now for the second year running, you really
kept me on my toes!  You are a fantastic contester!

Thanks again go to Ken N6RO for the use of the station, to all for the QSO's,
to the Mexico stations who got on the air with their new mults,  and to the
ARRL Contest branch for spicing this edition up a bit.

Op Condx

Rig
Elecraft K3/100 with P3

Amp
Ameritron AL-1200

Antennas:
5 X 5 X 5 top at 140ft

73, Happy holidays to all and seeya next time! (it sould be even better next
year!)

Chris
N6WM