[3830] ARRL 10 KR1ST SO SSB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, alex@kr1st.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 KR1ST SO SSB QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 06:28:05 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: KR1ST
Operator(s): KR1ST
Station: KR1ST

Class: SO SSB QRP
QTH: Ladson, SC
Operating Time (hrs): 7.5

   CW:
  SSB:  56     23
-------------------
Total:  56     23  Total Score = 2,576

Club: Sunspot Jockeys

Comments:

Rig: IC-756ProIII
Pwr: 5 Watts
Ant: 46ft doublet @ 52ft (E/W)
     33ft doublet @ 50ft (N/S)
     44ft vertical doublet
     MQ-26 mini beam @ 30ft
QTH: Near Charleston, SC

With the SN hovering between 20 and 35, this contest definitely did not make it
into the books as being known for great propagation. I'm worried if this is an
indication of the peak we can expect in two years or so. This should be a fun
QRP contest adventure when propagation is decent, but if it's not, like this
time, it's torture.

It was amazing to see the propagation change in just a few minutes from Es to
5-land, then to 6 and 7-land, and then to TE to South America on Sunday
afternoon.

I hope others had better luck.

73,
--Alex KR1ST