[3830] ARRL 10 GM2V(GM3WOJ) SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 GM2V(GM3WOJ) SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 06:56:39 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: GM2V
Operator(s): GM3WOJ
Station: GM3WOJ

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: Invergordon
Operating Time (hrs): 4.5

   CW:  138    36
  SSB:   75    24
-------------------
Total:  213    60  Total Score = 42,120

Club: North of Scotland CG

Comments:

The highs and lows of contesting !

The highs - at about 1100z on Saturday I turned my yagi to the SW when I found
an EA8, then heard BD2SH/7 calling CQ on 28.020 via the long path - very
pleased to work him. 10m expert Steve G0AEV tells me that LP to JA can occur,
but the longer distance to BY makes it very rare. The Chinese station peaked at
about 559 for 15 minutes, calling CQ with no takers. Shortly afterwards I was
called by OA4TT,CE1/K7CA,LU,PY etc.

The lows - the contest had started very well but I had to go out for an hour -
returned to the shack and the power transformer in my Alpha amplifier blew up
when I switched on - gloom filled me so I gave up on the contest. Reckon my
score would have been good if I had been able to work US/Canadian mults in the
afternoon.

73
Chris
GM3WOJ / GM2V