[3830] OK RTTY N2FF SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n2ff@optonline.net
Subject: [3830] OK RTTY N2FF SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 05:51:06 -0800
                    OK DX RTTY Contest

Call: N2FF
Operator(s): N2FF
Station: N2FF

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: East Williston,NY
Operating Time (hrs): 14

   80:   32  105       6         2
   40:  117  468      31         1
   20:  150  218      35         8
   15:   43   75      18         7
   10:    0    0       0         0
-------------------------------------
Total:  342  866      89        18  Total Score = 92,662

Club: Order of Boiled Owls of New York

Comments:

My pre Christmas contest.  I have been fortunate enough to do this contest from
both sides of the Atlantic. Two years I was M/N2FF in Littlehampton,England. It
started out slow this year as I do not have great 80 and 40 Meter antennas.
Saturday morning I was up at 10:00 to meet the redeye from Burbank and to pick
up my son and his girl. Jet Blue was two hours late so I played OK RTTY for two
hours on 40M and then 20M where the band was just opening early. That was fun
and I really did not want to pull myself away for the airport run.  The good
news is that I live only 8 miles away from JFK.

Condition were very good until the 1800 hour when my rate really dropped. It
seemed like the bands and my energy leveel both dropped at the same time or the
other guys and gals gave up. It felt like I had run out of stations to work but
I still had not reached the 300 level.

I spent a more time running than usual.  That is just sort of amazing with only
100 watts,I believe. I worked HZ1PS on two bands while running. That was a very
nice surprise. The time it was a wow! It was also nice to pick off a VK6 on 40
in the wee hours of the morning.

Perhaps next year Santa will open 10 meters for a few hours. Nothing heard or
seen on that band this year, but perhaps I was not there for the right 15
minutes.  Hoot,Hoot and MXMAS es HNY to all who worked me.