[3830] RAC Winter VE1ZA SO Mixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, noahr@eastlink.ca
Subject: [3830] RAC Winter VE1ZA SO Mixed LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 07:33:45 -0800
                    RAC Winter Contest

Call: VE1ZA
Operator(s): VE1ZA
Station: VE1ZA

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: Halifax
Operating Time (hrs): 8.5

  160:   63     15       8         4
   80:   47     38       7         8
   40:   46     33       5         7
   20:   63     85       6         6
   15:   19     46       3         5
   10:
    6:
    2:
Total:  238    217      29        30  Total Score = 168,858

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

I originally planned a 160m SB operation since the Stew Perry was on this
weekend also, but that was a mistake.  A handful of contacts after 1 Hr and
that was itâ?"change of plan, I needed more action.  Decided to play on the
other bands and give out the NS mult.  I could not stay up past 11:00PM-just
tired from the past week so a limited time engagement!  8.5 hrs total operating
time.

All in all, I am very happy with the result when compared to last year.
Operating time 8.5 vs 16 Hrs last year, QSOs' 455 vs 563 last year (if I spent
more time, would have achieved it).  Mults: 59 vs 48 last year, did well here
even without mults on 10m & 2m (had 4 mults on those bands last year).  Score
168.8K vs 144.8K (16% improvement).  My Qrate increased significantly from 35
vs 53 Q/Hr on average, so I am very pleased with that.  Overall it looks like
efficiency has improved significantlyâ?"beat my score and mults in less than
half the time from last yearâ?"so maybe next year for an all out effort!

Sorry to VE9ML, I could just not pick you out of the noise.   Thanks to VY2RAC
for picking me up on 20m!!
I found conditions to be a bit poor the first night, or just less stations on?
MCCers worked: VE9ML, VA1MM, VE1DT, VY2RAC, VO1HP, VE1SQ, VE1LD, VE9AA, VE1SKY.
PS Thanks to all the US stations that participated!!

PS Stew Perry 160m just handed out a few pointsâ?"too dang tired.

Thanks guys, till next year!

Tony VE1ZA