[3830] 10 Meter ARRL Contest N3AWS SSB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] 10 Meter ARRL Contest N3AWS SSB QRP
From: n3aws@aol.com
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 16:22:54 -0500
I needed a 10 meter antenna, so I modified my indoor six meter dipole to 10
meters.  I trimmed the ends until I had a 1.1:1 or better SWR from 28.300
through 28.500.  I used my Icom 756 Pro II turned down to 5 watts.  Made 100
QSO's, 42 mults, for a total score of 8,400.  I didn't have a computer so I
logged by pencil and paper.

Thanks to all who listened really, really hard for my weak signal!  I worked
two other Mississippi locals and heard a few other MS stations, so I doubt we
were too rare, but I did get a lot of "Thanks for MS--you're my first from
there!"  That's what makes it fun for me!

73,

Jim N3AWS

Jim Walroth