[3830] 9A CW DK6XZ(E77XZ) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, suad.zukic@t-online.de
Subject: [3830] 9A CW DK6XZ(E77XZ) SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 14:44:33 -0800
                    Croatian CW Contest

Call: DK6XZ
Operator(s): E77XZ
Station: DL0MB

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Rastatt, S/W Germany
Operating Time (hrs): 23.45

  160:  130    30
   80:  242    43
   40:  453    64
   20:  256    63
   15:  156    44
   10:    3     3
-------------------
Total: 1240   247  Total Score = 863,265

Club: Bosnia and Herzegovina Contest Club

Comments:

Contest         : Croatian CW Contest
Callsign        : DK6XZ
Station         : DL0MB ( SO1R )
Mode            : CW
Category        : Single Operator (SO)
Band(s)         : All bands (AB)
Class           : High Power (HP)
Locator         : JN48CU
Transceiver     : Yaesu FT-1000 MP
Antennas        : KLM KT34 37mh, Optibeam OB16-3 18 mh & OB4-40 33 mh, inv L
80/160
Operating time  : 23h40

 BAND   QSO DUP DXC  POINTS   AVG
----------------------------------
  160   130   1  30     300  2.31
   80   242   0  43     732  3.02
   40   453   5  64    1616  3.57
   20   256   1  63     507  1.98
   15   156   0  44     337  2.16
   10     3   0   3       3  1.00
----------------------------------
TOTAL  1240   7 247    3495  2.82
==================================
      TOTAL SCORE : 863 265

Operator        : E77XZ

Soapbox         :

Compared to CQWW DX CW weekend and last years 9ACWC we have had bad DX
propagation on low bands. In total, more than 100 USA Q's missed, 60% less,
compared to 2009. Especially 40m showed disappointing from Germany, without
usual runs to NA. Anyway the lowlight were the hours 00 till 05 Zulu. 15m
opened up something to R/R9 on Sunday. 10m was death, only "BHCC DXpeditioners"
were hardly heard from 4O3A, there was a strong YT5TT and a fluttery local
competitor DJ1YFK. Stew Perry Chellange was expected to bring Topband figures
something higher, expecially mults, but somehow my WinTest did not show the
automatic spottings in the cluster windows this time, so S&P!? In general, on
80/160 I missed a good couple of DXCCs and dosens of Qs on 80.

Interesting phenomena caused by propagation conditions is observed, where high
bands showed time to time particular strong signals with a kind of
echo/distorsion, making its CW hardly readable. Can someone explane it a bit?

Very nice to see K1LZ (YU7NU) and W1BCD (K1ZZ) bring a high number of QSO's and
produce such a big scores from overseas. They both had everytime nice and strong
signals. E71A and E74IW visited 4O3A and gained with the rest of the standard
local crew a nice M/S score. RD3A have succeded even to advance the number of Q
and mults, even condx were worse than in 2009. But also his total of points
remained at the same level. E70T (@E77DX) convinced with his effort on 80m.
Impresive serials by 9A7A from the very start! Wonder what the rest of top
results would be...

Even I felt being much better than in my first DL participance from 2009,
somehow it did not want to reflect in the total score. SO1R homework set by
Valery (RD3A) I did, 247 vs. his 248 DXCC in 2009. At the other hand, I never
got any serious runs, the best one was 107 Q/h on 80m. But I played a bit with
mine and Valerys figures ( claimed & official ) - I took RD3A as a very natural
reference - to conclude following: My to 2009 comparative AVG seem to be better
9% ( claimed ) or 9,77% ( after UBN ) respectively. Good reason to be happy
about the development. :-)

VE3ZIK donates a "CQ Zone 14" plaque. As I announced my aspirations to this
fine prizing, he promissed a barbecue at the Croatian coast in addition. Is it
not a deal?

In any case, thank you all for the interesting game, challenging moments and a
finest CW sport. Big thanks to the sponsors and to 9A5K for a lot of job to be
done. Honor to those of us showing the best performances.

Contemplative Christmas and a healthy and prosperous New year to you, dear
contestmen!

73 Suad, DK6XZ

P.S. See you next weeks on the air from the snowy hills of Bosnia, by E77XZ.