[3830] TBDC K3ZM Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC K3ZM Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 15:30:08 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: K3ZM
Operator(s): K3ZM
Station: K3ZM

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Virginia
Operating Time (hrs): 14
Radios: SO2R

Total:  QSOs = 702  Total Score = 4,041

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I had a lovely sunset opening to EU to begin the contest.  There was no
troublesome QRN (throughout the entire event, for me) and signal levels were
cooperative.  As the evening progressed, it seemed relatively easy to work
across the USA.  Stations on the West Coast are always much softer here than
those in the heartland, but there were lots of good contacts to be made all
over the country.  As always, EU slowed down at 0000Z to 0100Z and I looked
forward to a productive EU sunrise.  It never materialized for me.  I wonder if
activity was down a bit.  Last year, I had about 213 EU contacts.  This year,
only about 143.  I also, as it happens, contacted about 7 fewer DXCC entities
this year versus last.  Average kilometer distance per QSO was lower than last
year, obviously.  I did work a couple of JA's, a few KH6's, but no VK or ZL
heard.  Total QSOs down from 749 last year, even though more stateside contacts
were made.

It was fun working C4M running QRP.  I also worked KH6LC at 0420Z, which is by
far the earliest that I have ever worked KH6.  Glad to work KL7RA.

It is nice of BARC to sponsor this fun event.  I also have to thank XYL
Margaret for taking my CT log and making the necessary conversions so that I
could post this raw score and then submit a log.

Thanks for all the contacts.

73,

Peter  K3ZM