[3830] RAC Winter VA2BBW M/M QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, va3sie@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] RAC Winter VA2BBW M/M QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 22:00:30 -0800
                    RAC Winter Contest

Call: VA2BBW
Operator(s): VA2BBW VA3AMX VE3VVF VA3UMP VA3SIE
Station: VA2BBW

Class: M/M QRP
QTH: Gatineau Park, QC
Operating Time (hrs): 9.5

  160:   12              4
   80:   73     25       8         3
   40:   40              7
   20:   40      3       4         1
   15:    4              1
   10:
    6:
    2:
Total:  169     28      24         4  Total Score = 36,120

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

We operated the contest from a the pines cabin in the Lac Phillipe sector of
Gatineau Park, Quebec.

Writeup / Video here:  http://va3sie.blogsite.org/?p=721

We had super fun dragging our equipment in on sleds and in backpacks.  We had 2
stations on the are most of the time and a 3rd station on the air less often.

We had great fun cooking food, feeding the stove and enjoying the peaceful
night in the park.

At lunchtime on Saturday we tore down the cabin station and dragged the gear
down to the beach and set up more portable stations along the beach.

Great fun, there are some fantastic QRP scores this year (Congratulations to
Doug, Bob and others).

We intend to operate the RAC Summer contest 2011 QRP multi/multi from an island
and carry our equipment in by canoe.  Should be a lot of fun!  If you want to
join us drop me an email to va3sie@rac.ca.