[3830] NAQP CW K8MAD(@K8MR) M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jimk8mr@aol.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K8MAD(@K8MR) M/2 LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2011 09:17:22 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: K8MAD
Operator(s): K8BB, K8MM, K8MR, K9TM
Station: K8MR

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: Ohio
Operating Time (hrs): 5.5

  160:   71    36
   80:   72    31
   40:   86    29
   20:   59    19
   15:   44    14
   10:   24     8
-------------------
Total:  356   137  Total Score = 48,772

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

We did a casual multiop coinciding with the annual K8MR Christmas Party and MRRC
meeting. I've been doing this get together for 34 years - so we were on this
weekend before the NAQP or the RTTY RU  :>)  We used the name of Duck in honor
of MRRC SK member K8DD, who in a better scenario would have been drinking beer
with us here in Cleveland.

This was also a sort of vintage radio event. I set up my main radio to be able
to also do the RTTY RU, which never happened, so we did the NAQP with my 30
year old backup TS-830S. For fun I also had an HQ-180AC hooked to an antenna to
provide a "spotting radio" of sorts. We didn't really use it for spots, but it
was interesting listening to what a modern radio contest sounds like through a
1960s radio.

It was good to have some decent 10 meter propagation to the west coast at the
beginning. Snow induced power line noise did make things more difficult on all
the bands.

See you all in lots of contests in 2011!

73  -  Jim  K8MR