[3830] NAQP CW NY3A(@K4VV) M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, glenrockian@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW NY3A(@K4VV) M/2 LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2011 10:08:53 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: NY3A
Operator(s): WX3B, NY3A
Station: K4VV

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:  197    48
   80:  427    51
   40:  483    56
   20:  333    54
   15:  133    37
   10:   28    11
-------------------
Total: 1601   257  Total Score = 427,467

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

Thanks to Jack, K4VV and Sharon for letting us operate at their great station.
Also a note of thanks to Mike, W0YR, for his work in getting the station set-up
for us.

This has now become an annual event for Jim, WX3B, and myself. Jim is really
quick with cw and on the keyboard and he did a great job this weekend. It was
great fun to get on and and hear friends. A light snow had fallen in the wee
morning hours making for a really scenic drive to Jack's place.

 The conditions on the high bands were showing signs of improvement with more
qso/mults on 20/15/10. Our overall qso total was down a bit from last year but
the much higher mult total more than made up the difference.

It was great fun using the large antenna arrays! 40 meters in particular plays
really well with a 4 over 4 stack. I've always heard that there is no meters
like 40 meters, and at Jack's this is very true. With the stack turned West, it
was an endless well of contacts.

73;
Steve
NY3A