[3830] NAQP CW W4LT Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w4lt@ij.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW W4LT Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2011 10:23:25 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: W4LT
Operator(s): W4LT
Station: W4LT

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs): 2

  160:   0      0
   80:   0      0
   40:  58     27
   20:   0      0
   15:   0      0
   10:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  58     27  Total Score = 1,682

Club: Florida Contest Group

Team:

Comments:

Rig : #1: Elecraft K3/100/KRX3 - #2: Kenwood TS570D

Antennas : Carolina Window 80LP @ 38 feet

Soapbox :

I was supposed to participate in the N4GI Multi-2 NAQP effort, but on
Wednesday, I came down with a rather virulent virus infection that knocked me
out!

Felt a bit better on Saturday evening, but I was still contagious, so gave it a
go from home.  I had installed a new 250Hz CW filter in my secondary radio
(the TS570) and had never tested it under an actual contest condition.  Due to
RTTY RU, 40 CW was nice and crowded, so it was a good place for test of this
filter.

The TS570 with the InRad 250Hz filter is pretty impressive!  The filter
actually makes the radio into a useable CW receiver in crowded conditions.
Very little AGC Dance of Death is evident, and the radio perfoms quantum leaps
better in this mode than it has ever worked for me in the past.  The filter is
a Keeper!

QSK on the Kenwood Vs the Elecraft is another story, with lots of clicking,
clacking and thumping... So turned QSK off, and things are quite useable.

Its sad to see how spoiled I have become by using a K3...

My body literally ran out of gas in about 90 minutes of operating... Sorry for
my liddish behavior and all the repeats I asked for, but my ears are still
rather clogged up and my coughing makes for difficult copy.  See you all in SSB
next weekend!

-lu-w4lt-