[3830] NAQP CW N7WA Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW N7WA Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2011 20:11:51 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: N7WA
Operator(s): N7WA
Station: N7WA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:   29    12
   80:  102    30
   40:  235    43
   20:  397    47
   15:  153    28
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  916   160  Total Score = 152,056

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Team:

Comments:

Critical mistake in not checking 10M at the start. Had actually
started on 15M and decided quickly that the rate wasn't there
so I dropped to 20M and stayed there a couple hours before
moving back to 15M. A quick check of 10M before the move to 15M
showed nothing but I guess the action was over by then. The
real mistake was not having the second radio up but I wanted to
simplify this test.

Other than that, it was still my best score in this fun test.
Just a few more NA mults than I had in 2006 (with almost identical
Q totals). Even had one JA check in. A solid 100Q per hour rate
for the first 8 hours until hitting 80M then 160M. I will break
that 1K barrier one day. Some rapid QSB during some periods.
Barely a whisper of a call - no copy OM - then boom!, armchair copy.
A few brain farts (QBF) too when it comes to copying names. Was that
Bart? Bert? Burt? <sigh> - sorry NN7SS.

The 3 el 40M yagi lost it's reflector in the windstorm a few weeks
ago but the mismatch was small and easily handled by the tuner.
Performance seemed no worse for the wear. Condolences to our friends
in Arizona (my wife ran in with the news mid-contest).

Probably my last big effort from home until WPX CW though I might
dink ;>) around in the ARRL DX CW.

Cheers
dink, n7wa