[3830] RTTY Roundup KN5O M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kn5o@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup KN5O M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 13:42:35 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: KN5O
Operator(s): KN5O + CLUSTER
Station: KN5O

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Covington, LA
Operating Time (hrs): 13.5

------------
   80:  103
   40:  438
   20:  277
   15:  255
   10:
------------
Total: 1073  State/Prov = 55  Countries = 47  Total Score = 109,446

Club: Louisiana Contest Club

Comments:

Just wish I could have put more time into the contest.  Too many commitments
this past weekend.  Missed the opening by several hours as I was out of town at
a hamfest.  Had Sunday morning obligations as well.. But for what I could
squeeze in, I'm pretty satisfied.  Ran only one radio.. First time using the
FT1000MP on RTTY vs my IC-756PROIII.  The MP was ok, but not having the
bandscope at my disposal made me feel like I was missing something - and I
was!

Somehow I just did not want to put up with all the QRM on 20 and left it to
last - which was ok since I wasn't full time at this.  So spent more time on
15M then I would otherwise hoping to get my RTTY DXCC totals up a bit more.  I
got called by an FR5 (don't remember his call as I didn't log it) - he was
really strong - but missed his number.  When I asked for a repeat, he was gone.
 Got some nice Qs into SE Asia Saturday evening.  And some really strong
over-the-pole Qs on 15M mid-afternoon sunday.  40M was great, but I got to 80M
too late Saturday evening.. Decided to hit the sack and come back late Sunday
AM.

Good test of my Alpha 99 running full tilt.. It just purred at rated output,
compared to last year when I ran my 30S-1 - she was pretty much on her last leg
and gave up the ghost in that RTTY RU.

Congrats to Don, AA5AU, (one of our DeltaDX Club members).  Good to see he can
still run'em down.

Thanks to all for the contacts and will see you maybe in the CQ 160M or the
upcoming ARRL DX as W5RU.

73, Ted KN5O