[3830] NCCC Sprint KE3X LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint KE3X LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 19:09:15 -0800
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Jan28

Call: KE3X
Operator(s): KE3X
Station: KE3X

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Washington, DC
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5
Radios: SO2R

  160:
   80:  23     18
   40:   2      2
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  25     20  Total Score = 500

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

First the good news:  Dave N3RD sent me his 'loaner' DXD box so I was officially
SO2R for the first time in an NCCC Sprint - YIPPEE!

Now the bad news:

- nothing heard on 20
- only 2 stations heard on 40
- my 160 meter Inverted-L had so much ice on it last night, the weight on the
far end of the 'L' ripped the ground stake clean out of the ground and sheared
the plate clean off - now it's hanging about 20-feet up in the air on the side
of my house.

However, I did set new personal bests for QSO's and mults on 80M - so ... (as
Bill Murray said in Caddyshack) "At least I got THAT going for me".   Hope to
see you all in CQ 160 CW if I can get the antenna fixed.

Thanks for the Q's,

Ken KE3X

73, Ken