[3830] CQ160 CW KN3A Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, scolit@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW KN3A Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 14:07:42 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: KN3A
Operator(s): KN3A
Station: KN3A

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: PA
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 161  State/Prov = 43  Countries = 2  Total Score = 16,650

Club: Allegheny Valley Radio Association

Comments:

Who would have thought a 119 ft. piece of 14 guage wire that is no more than 15
ft. in the air in the tree and goes through my garage and attaches to my old
MFJ tuner, which is sharing the same ground as my rig could do so well (for
me). I never expected anyone west of the Mississippi River to hear me. What a
surprise it was to work several CA and AZ stations, CO, NE, AB, and hear the
Caribbean like they were next door to me? I even heard HI early Saturday
morning but wasn't able to make a contact. I had a much better time than I
thought I would with the wire and 100 watts.

73 Scott-KN3A
119 ft. random wire
Kenwood TS 450SAT
N1MM Logger