[3830] CQ160 CW T70A(9A3A/E73A) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, 5b4ada@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW T70A(9A3A/E73A) Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 15:26:31 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: T70A
Operator(s): 9A3A/E73A
Station: T70A

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: San Marino
Operating Time (hrs): 30

Total:  QSOs = 1954  State/Prov = 39  Countries = 80  Total Score = 1,380,043

Club: Croatian Contest Club

Comments:

Soapbox:
It looks I bring bad luck to T70A - during the CQ WW CW, due to the rat-chewed
power cable, there was electricity cut for a couple of hours. This rarely
happens here, but the timing was Murphy-choosen. This time 160/80m vertical did
not work due to the problem with 80m relay. Luckily this happened before the
contest so we managed to connect 160m directly, one hour before start. The plan
was to have another antenna, but due to this unforeseen  problem and also lack
of space in T70A backyard, my famous 5B4ADA Inv V was used only for RX, in
addition to two beverages (first time I used them - eare savers). Considering I
had short vertical only, the score seems quite good, but rain on Sunday morning
has caused heavy QRN, so I had to quit operating just prior to my sunrise. It
is visible on the USA mults - not a single W6/7 worked. On Sunday morning, when
I made second QRT (06:01 Z) I already had over 1,700 QSOs, but poor condx on
Sunday evening and very low rates did not cooperate in order to break the 2,000
QSO mark. As a compensation, although I won CQ160CW as C4A prior to my move to
Italy, I never had score over 1 million, so this is my personal best CQ160CW.
Thanks to T70A guys for hosting me again!

PS. Tried to share score between two clubs, but it seems it is not possible any
longer. Remember it was regular practice, mainly due to MM mixture of ops.