[3830] CQ160 CW VE1ZA Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, noahr@eastlink.ca
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW VE1ZA Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 15:29:40 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: VE1ZA
Operator(s): VE1ZA
Station: VE1ZA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Halifax
Operating Time (hrs): 21.5

Total:  QSOs = 646  State/Prov = 55  Countries = 47  Total Score = 362,508

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

Well what to say.  This was a very busy & tiring contest.  On the propagation
side Saturday night was much better than Friday night.  Friday night was busy
with local US contacts.  Saturday night was just pure bedlam.  I could not get
a spot to run until after midnight (low power).  Sunday morning I found a spot
that was very productive in the low part of the band (1.805) and ran for about
1.5 hrs with productive results.  Both nights were tough from 7-11PM local with
S&P being the most productive.  Saturday was like 20m during a WW contestâ?"no
room anywhere.  Good conditions into EU and west coast in the morning.  Sunday
morning during the EU sunrise was great, had several EU's call in.  Compared to
2010 this was a tougher contest.  Had a harder time running.

Did better than last year overall, but more operating time.  Where was NB in
this contest?  Worked all US states except ID & WY?  On the Canadian side No
BC, LB, or NB?  And the usuals YT,NU, NWT & LB.

Best embarrassment: trying to muscle in on OH8X's running
frequency.......Almost worked until I heard the call sign and worked him
instead for a new country and walked away with my tail in between my legs.

Best successes, having SD, UT and ND call me during a run.  Working XE1 and CE1
in the wee hours.

All in all did much better than last year, in the QSO, country and state
count.

Thanks to locals VA1MM, VY2SS, VY2ZM for the local mults.  Thanks to the
contest committee and all the participants for a great contest.

Tony VE1ZA