[3830] CQ160 CW K1EP Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k1ep@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW K1EP Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 15:54:29 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K1EP
Operator(s): K1EP
Station: K1EP

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 28

Total:  QSOs = 918  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 39  Total Score = 234,460

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

The band seemed to be quiet both nights, which was good.  California also seemed
to be there, usually it is tough to find one or two CA stations, I worked a few
this contest.  Nice to have some of the rarer stations call me, like ND or MB.
While I was calling CQ without an answer after two or three times, the phone
rang.  I thought about answering it, but I liked my run freq.  As the phone
rang, a ND station answered the CQ!  Good thing I ignored the phone!  Only
missed AK, MS and ID for states, plus some of the usual VEs.  There were a
number of DX that I heard but couldn't work, it gets frustrating running LP
sometimes.  But you never know whether there is QRM or QRN at the other station
making it difficult to receive.  Tried to beat last year's score, but I think I
had more 10 pointers last year.  Got more mults this year, but overall score
was short.  Of course, nothing is going to beat 2009 for a while.  Thanks for
the Q's!