[3830] CQ160 CW W0UO Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w0uo@citbroadband.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW W0UO Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 16:15:43 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: W0UO
Operator(s): W0UO
Station: W0UO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Texas
Operating Time (hrs): 29

Total:  QSOs = 898  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 45  Total Score = 258,633

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

Conditions were good Friday night, but not on a par with last year.  Saturday,
however, treated me to the best conditions I've heard on the band.  The band
was quiet, and I heard Europeans all evening with extremely strong signals.
When PC5M called I had to do a double take, he sounded like he was in the next
county and I couldn't make sense of the "P", thought it should be an A, K, N or
W!! All good things, however, must come to an end, and just before European
sunrise, conditions returned to something more normal. Conditions to JA were
definitely sub par both mornings.
Equipment here is a K-3 barefoot, 80 ft shunt fed tower over 56 radials, two
rectangle BOG beverages oriented 30 and 300 degrees.
Hope you all had as much fun as I did!