[3830] CQ160 CW K0DU Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW K0DU Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 16:21:26 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K0DU
Operator(s): K0DU, K0CL , K0UK
Station: K0DU

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 29.5

Total:  QSOs = 1264  State/Prov = 59  Countries = 53  Total Score = 471,968

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

It's been a long time since we have done a 160 meter contest but we old guys did
if for the club and a little fun too . Larry K0CL and Bill K0UK did most the
heavy lifting . 160 has been pretty hot lately so in a way no surprise that we
may get a decent EU opening . It fell a little short the first night but the
second night was fun for us . We also worked 105 JA's between both nights .
Here is the kicker ! Our 160 antenna is a piece of wire feed atop a 4x4 post
base loaded with a coil 10 radials and the wire goes up a tower to about the
60ft level then bends and is pulled out by a rope . Kinda like an inverted L
but there is way more droop horizontally hanging out there than there is
vertical going up ! What I am trying to say is it is a half ass antenna at
best.  Very quiet here though .  Lots of GMCC guys on , should be some nice
scores from K0RF , AA0RS , WODLE , NOKE , & KV0Q . Sounds like they all had a
great time too ! 73's to all Jerry K0DU