[3830] CQ160 CW ES1WST(WS4T) Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW ES1WST(WS4T) Single Op QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 12:40:20 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: ES1WST
Operator(s): WS4T
Station: ES1WST

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Tallinn
Operating Time (hrs): 15

Total:  QSOs = 267  State/Prov = 1  Countries = 37  Total Score = 50,882

Club:

Comments:

Setup: FT-817, single 18m inverted-L for TX/RX, urban location (= power line
noise)

My first CQ WW 160 CW. My goals were 200 QSOs, 50 countries and at least 1 QSO
with the USA. Unfortunately, I never heard a single US station (yes, terrible
RX here), but I did manage 1 QSO with Canada, which was a high point for me!

I've never experienced a band so densely packed: Usually my 500Hz filter is
adequate, but I was wishing I had 300Hz.

By Sunday evening, it was a challenge to find stations I hadn't already worked
that could also hear me. Despite all the difficulties, it was loads of fun.