[3830] CQ160 CW G4PIQ Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW G4PIQ Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 15:04:42 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: G4PIQ
Operator(s): G4PIQ
Station: G4PIQ

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: JO02OD
Operating Time (hrs): 8

Total:  QSOs = 644  State/Prov = 22  Countries = 64  Total Score = 311,148

Club:

Comments:

Just a few hours playing from home fitting around family stuff. Decent opening
to the West Coast on Sunday morning.

I played in the assisted category this time partly to try the Reverse Beacon
Network in anger and I have seen the future of assisted CW contesting, and I
didn't like it much! Spent an hour on Sunday night with RBN stuffed into my
bandmap and just clicked away to get an S&P rate of 100+/hr which, without this
technology, is only possible at the start of the contest where everyone is still
a needed QSO. I had to work hard to keep the band map down to 1 page. Clever
technology though.

K2/100 + Ten Tec Titan. 400W. Dipole @ 20m