[3830] NCCC Sprint NN7SS(K6UFO) QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6ufo@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint NN7SS(K6UFO) QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 19:59:16 -0800
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Feb 4

Call: NN7SS
Operator(s): K6UFO
Station: NN7SS

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): .5
Radios: SO2R

  160:   3      3
   80:   4      4
   40:  14     12
   20:   2      1
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  23     20  Total Score = 460

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

North to NN7SS for three weeks, and hoping to move my scores
Northward too! Arrived at the shack with no time to test anything,
and I setup for NS while listening to the end of SNS, with not much
heard.

On 20m at the start and got two locals K7SS and K7WA - THANKS!

40m seemed nice and quiet, but then what a QRM mess with digital, some
kind of CW Foxhunt and other slush, and then a RTTY pileup moved in.
I got called by KP2/KZ5D but couldn't complete. Also lost a couple others,
which used up a lot of time. But still managed 14 QSOs and 12 Mults (saved
by the Mults!).

80m seemed weak, weak, weak, and I struggled for 4 x 4. I really need
to get a better 80m antenna up this coming summer.

160m was an awesome 3 x 3!  Yes, 3 x3 is awesome for 160m QRP!

Final score was barely acceptable, hurt by slow going in the 40m QRM,
but saved by the extra Qs and mults on 20m and 160m.

As always, NS is great fun! See you next week.

NN7SS Burt WA (K6UFO op)

20m-10m: C-31XR at 71ft.
40m: Force 12 Delta 240 at 78ft
80m: Half-sloper from 60ft
160m: Inverted L over metal garage roof.
Yaesu FT-1000MPs turned down to 5 watts.
Writelog software and K0PC contest module.