[3830] NA Sprint CW W1UJ HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w1uj@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW W1UJ HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2011 20:15:39 -0800
                    NA Sprint CW Contest - February

Call: W1UJ
Operator(s): W1UJ
Station: W1UJ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MA
Operating Time (hrs): 3.5
Radios: SO2R

   80:  107       8
   40:   70      23
   20:   14       6
---------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

Well that was fun.  = The good news.
-Started the day with NR1X and I shoveling off my QTH's roof of the 50" of
snow, and after ~4 hours it was clear for the freezing rain to come in.  While
on the roof I was looking at the antennas and noticed that the 80m vee had a
broken 'leg' and one end was in the snow in the back yard.... Not getting
fixed.

So With a single 4m vertical on 40m, and again my Zepp on 80m, this severely
compromised things when the 40m vertical and 40m zepp interact while on 40m and
80m... I rarely use the vertical for domestic stuff, but had the zepp on 80m.

Shortly after the start, things were slow, and moving along at 0234... BABOOM!
Lightning!  The sky and white snow covered yard lit up bright, the power
blinked... I killed everything and ran into the house.  Lost 30 mins, and went
back out to the shack for the last hour.

Almost made my goal of 200 q's, but lost a 1/2 hour.  No records broken @ W1UJ
tonight, but was fun just the same.

K3 with Titan Amplifier (Repaired Replacing the 8.2v Zener) on 20m= 3el Steppir
@ 35', and 80m 40m EDZepp.
TS-2000 with AL-80b amplifier on 40m Vertical/raised radials. (Pro 2 Still
broken)

Thanks for the QSOs and see you in the Thursday night sprints.

Jay W1UJ