[3830] MnQP K0PC Mobile Single Xmtr LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0pc@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] MnQP K0PC Mobile Single Xmtr LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 09:06:29 -0800
                    Minnesota QSO Party

Call: K0PC
Operator(s): K0PC
Station: K0PC

Class: Mobile Single Xmtr LP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:
   80:     160
   40:     585
   20:     238
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  UHF:
-------------------------
Total:     983       0  Mults = 73  Total Score = 143,518

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

I really enjoy the MN QSO Party and this year was no exception. The
view from the front seat of the car was wonderful and the weather
cooperated. Most of the roads were in very good condition and my
driver John W9DND did a great job on a new route this year.

The propagation was challenging at times with 80M & 40M suffering
from the unsettled conditions. But I was happy to have three bands
to work this year. Last year I had trouble with 20M tuning and only
had one QSO. This year I went to a completely manual tuning control
and had no problems. In fact, Murphy never found us all day. The
worst thing that happened was my Nestle Crunch bar got soft because
the heater was blowing on it.

The pileups were amazing. The last-10 rate was over 200 many times
and was at 238 once when I looked. The overall rates really picked
up in the last four hours averaging 137 QSOs per hour.

My QSO count was down by 43 from last year but the multiplier count
was up by 4. So my final score is higher this year. Having the 20M
antenna back really helped with the mults.

Missed state/province mults:
AK, ME, MT, NV, SD, AB, NB, NL, NU, NT, PE, QC, SK, YT

Worked 24 MN counties, the same number we activated.

My heavy hitter list contains many familiar calls:
24-KB9S, N2WN, WA3HAE
23-K4AMC
22-K8IJ
21-WB8JUI
19-N8II
18-N2CU, W0BH
16-VE3CX, W0GXQ, W3DYA
15-K0HNC, N0AT, NT2A, W0EAR, W0MHS, W8TM
and many more...

Thank you to all who participated in the MN QSO Party.

Equipment:
WriteLog ver 10.83
IC-7000
Hi-Q 4-80 antenna with manual controller
Old but trusty IBM ThinkPad
Old but trusty driver John W9DND