[3830] RTTY WPX KI7MT SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ki7mt@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX KI7MT SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 19:31:05 -0800
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: KI7MT
Operator(s): KI7MT
Station: KI7MT

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Montana
Operating Time (hrs): 30.0

------------
   80:  242
   40:  364
   20:  391
   15:  233
   10:
------------

Club:

Comments:

First, thanks to CQ Mag fer putting on yet another great contest.

Judging from the numbers in my log, there's going to be some very big scores.
Top dogs in my log are P49X, W7IV, AA3B, OH8A, LS1D, S9DX, pretty big nr's from
them and many more.

Conditions were better than I've had here in a long time. I thought Saturday
was reasonable considering the solar status, but Sunday, somebody flipped on
the switch. I can't remember when I heard EU so well on 15M nor the last time I
could work EU all afternoon (local) with good clear signals (baring QRM of
course :-) ). I tried to stay off the Chicken Band (aka 20M) as Long as I could
but that's where the action was when things slowed on 15M, so I had to go endure
the QRM. I saw stations working from the the Digi portion of the band (around 60
thru 140), just amazing the number of stations jockeying for a slot to run.

The weekend was not without its share of trouble however, 70mph+ winds took
down my 160M/80M wire, not once, but twice. The cat jumped on the bench
Saturday and in a rush to shoo him off, I spilled coffee in my laptop. So there
I am, in the middle of a run on 15M, air compressor going so I can dry out the
laptop, noise from it was terrible, calls coming in from everywhere, computer
torn down to the mother board, and I look out the window and low & behold the
80M wire is on the ground. In a rush to get that resolved, I fell off the
ladder, not good ! Needless to to say, I was ready for a rest Saturday evening
:-) That's one day I won't forget and don't care to repeat anytime soon :-)

I missed both Sunrise periods here but still managed a nice JA & S.PAC run on
40M just after sunrise Sunday morning.

Overall, it was a personal best fer me. Considering the antennas I have, 2x
small verticals and a wire for 80M, I'm pretty happy with the end result.

TNX for all those that could pull me out of the QRM and will look for ya in the
ARRL Test.

Station:
RIG: FT-1000MP
INT: Navigator, by US Interface
AMP: AL-1500 loafing along @ 700W.
TUN: AT5K
80M: Wire at 60ft, abt 1/2 the time :-)
40M: 33ft Vertical
20M: 16ft Vertical
15M: 40M Vert w/Tuner

Log will be uploaded to LoTW & eQsl for those interested.

73's
Greg
KI7MT