[3830] ARRLDX CW W2RE M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ray.w2re@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW W2RE M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 16:10:19 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W2RE
Operator(s): W2RE WW2DX AB3CX
Station: W2RE

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Summit, NY
Operating Time (hrs): 16

  160:   39    35
   80:  203    73
   40:  483    80
   20:  360    73
   15:  427    69
   10:   37    36
-------------------
Total: 1549   366  Total Score = 1,699,704

Club: HVCDX

Comments:

Mother Nature got us good! 80mph winds gusts and sustained winds of 40-50mph
caused major destruction to the town of Summit NY 2100ft ASL. Multiple
electrical poles snapped in half. I had never seen anything like it before?
White out conditions from the blowing snow. Shame on me for not having a backup
generator. We were in a great 15m run when the power went out. Very little
damage to antennas, as some wires broke and fixed yagis turned off path but
were easily fixed in 10F temps today.
Thanks to Lee WW2DX and Mike AB3CX dealing with the disappointment of not
finishing a great start.

CU in ARRLDX SSB

Ray W2RE
www.w2re.com