[3830] ARRLDX CW K2QPN SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k2qpn@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K2QPN SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 17:05:41 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K2QPN
Operator(s): K2QPN
Station: K2QPN

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: NJ
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    1     1
   80:   61    39
   40:  183    70
   20:  229    77
   15:  121    65
   10:   27    20
-------------------
Total:  622   272  Total Score = 506,736

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

My best score ever by more than two times.

Family obligations took the afternoons away. My mother-in-law turned 93 on
Saturday. My wife thought that attending the party was more important than
contesting. Sunday we had a christening.

The beam, put up last year, means I can be heard. This year the INRAD roofing
filter for the Pro3 means I can hear. Pre-filter the band was cluttered with
crap. Weak ones were hard to pull out. Post filter the band is quiet. The weak
ones are workable. Several strong signals in the same KHz are all separate and
distinct. It is a pleasure to operate rather than a chore. Leads to more hours
in the chair.

73, Bob K2QPN