[3830] ARRLDX CW NH2T(N2NL) SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n2nl@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW NH2T(N2NL) SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 17:40:53 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: NH2T
Operator(s): N2NL
Station: N2NL

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Guam
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:   11     8
   80:   81    31
   40:  177    43
   20:  390    52
   15:  598    52
   10:   71    10
-------------------
Total: 1328   196  Total Score = 757,932

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

160/80m:  54ft top loaded (TEE) vertical w/ 90 radials (<3ohm ground loss)
900ft NA Beverage
40: dipole @ 50ft
20/15/10: Spiderbeam @ 35ft

What a fun contest!  With limited hours of stateside propagation, I got a lot
of other stuff done over the weekend.  About 6 hours of good run time on
20/15m, and the rest spread around the other bands trying to help out as many
as possible with the multiplier.

I called lots of guys on 160 who could not hear me.  W3LPL, WJ9B and others
were good copy here and didn't even give me a "?".  I have a reasonably
effective 160m antenna with 32 zones and all 50 states worked from here - it is
frustrating not to have more success than I've had on this band.

Ended up with something glitching on 80m which caused a high SWR - sorry for my
limited activity there.

On 40, K0DQ called in and asked me something.  I could not, for the life of me,
figure out what he was asking me for. A QSY?  My Power?  I felt like a total lid
- wanting so much to impress the Admiral (as an active duty Chief Warrant
Officer).  I just couldn't figure it out with the multi-path AU flutter on his
signal.  Sorry!

10m was interesting.  Open as far east as TX and LA the 1st day, with W0AIH the
lone caller from the upper mid west.  On day two, the band was only open into
CA/OR/WA until K3LR comes checking in.  Nothing else worked or heard back east
on 10.  Guam is not VK/ZL - propagation is much more like JA than those
locations south of the Equator.  I was hoping for more on 10 but it was not
meant to be.

Lots of zero point JA stations called in.  I had one NA station tell me "DX
Only".

As far as I know, NH0S/KH2 and KH2L were the only other two KH2 stations
active.

See everyone during the SSB weekend when I will probably be more into S&P
mode.

73, Dave