[3830] ARRLDX CW N2MM SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n2mm@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N2MM SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 18:05:37 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N2MM
Operator(s): N2MM
Station: N2MM

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: nj
Operating Time (hrs): 35

  160:   56    45
   80:   68    50
   40:  829    97
   20: 1086   105
   15:  268    98
   10:   65    48
-------------------
Total: 2372   443  Total Score = 3,152,388

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

First time in many years Murphy decided to make an appearance. Monday, I started
getting anti-virus pop-up messages. I could not remove them(GOD bless
Microsoft!!!!) and it really caused problems throughout the contest. Thursday,
the keyboard on the computer died. Needed to make an emergency run Thursday
evening to get a keyboard. Discovered that the new wireless keyboard interferes
with the printer!

 High winds Friday night did a number on my 80m ant. I estimated that I lost
about 200 q's,35 mults and at least 600k points! 15m opened late on Saturday
and was not a very good opening *compared to CQWW". 160m was very quiet and at
eu sunrise my feeble inverted "L" seemed to work. Without a usable 80m ant,
Friday night was spent on 40m. Surprise,,,,the 80m ant worked again Saturday
morning,,,,VK,ZL, T3, JA, UA0,kh6, KL7 etc,. Winds were brutal all day
Saturday. Disaster struck again Saturday night. I thought the winds had died
down enough to try 80m. I ended up frying the vacuum relay in the amp. 30
minutes spent swapping out the no tune amp for a manual tune amp....UGH !!!
Went to bed at 9PM!!!! Got up at 4am...played on 40m until 20m opened.
Fantastic runs all day on 20m. 15m opened late but not very runnable. Stayed on
20m most of Sunday except for some excursions to 15m & 10m for multipliers. EU
was workable on 10m south !!!. 40m was wide open around 2pm !!! Never got the
80m ant working again.

There is a very big difference between CQWW and ARRL. Virtually no Asia (except
for the 6 4K6 stations who called me. Pacific and Africa very slim pickings.

I can hardly wait to see what happens in ARRL Phone !!!!

Thanks for all the qsos.