[3830] ARRLDX CW W9WI SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW W9WI SOAB QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 21:32:03 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W9WI
Operator(s): W9WI
Station: W9WI

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: TN
Operating Time (hrs): ~34
Radios: SO2R

  160:    4     4
   80:   31    26
   40:  118    57
   20:  261    79
   15:  251    76
   10:   45    26
-------------------
Total:  710   268  Total Score = 570,036

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Fun!

Fantastic conditions Saturday.  Worked a handful of Europe on 10; with QRP that
requires an actual band opening, not some side-scatter or skew-path thing.  15 &
10 not quite as good Sunday, though not particularly bad.  Low bands noisy here
Saturday night but the DX didn't seem to be having any trouble hearing.

80m Golden Ears:
9A2VR CN3A DL6FBL ED8A F2DX TM6M G6PZ HA8A KH6LC KH6MB KH7X SN3A

These twelve folks were able to copy my five-watt signal coming across the Big
Pond.  I'm afraid nobody won a 160m Golden Ears...

HG2011N.*

Two six-banders.  You can probably guess one.  (PJ2T)  The other one was NP4Z.
Six bands QRP to QRP, not bad!

5NN 145.  5NN ATTT.  5NN AK.*

There are twenty guys out there who wasted time making duplicate QSOs with W9WI
because I didn't know they were dupes, because they didn't bother to ID.  That
doesn't count the half-dozen who replied with a "B4".  If you think you're
working a lot of dupes, you might want to look at your QSL macro.....

* contesting suicide?