[3830] ARRLDX CW NA8V SOSB/80 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, hgchapoton@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW NA8V SOSB/80 LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 11:41:20 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: NA8V
Operator(s): NA8V
Station: NA8V

Class: SOSB/80 LP
QTH: Mi
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:
   80:  389    88
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  389    88  Total Score = 102,696

Club: East Lansing DX Club

Comments:

Great fun!  Band was fairly quiet and conditions seemed good both nights.
Actually ran for a full hour Friday night (60q) although most of it was in
about a half hour.  Good opening to JA/Pacific, JA stations were (sortof)
workable from 09z thru to sunrise.  Several other Pacific stations added
interest and helped keep me awake.

Seemed to run out of people to work Saturday.  I got sporadic answers to CQ's,
could work who I called, signals were solid but I just wasn't able to generate
much interest.  Worked quite a few 100w guys and a couple QRPers so condx were
good.  Went to bed at 09z Saturday.  Got up at 11z, not much going on so went
back to bed.

Have finally recognized the 'skimmer pattern'.  Noticed it in CQWW also.  Call
cq.  work one or two larger stations, usually multiop.  Work no one else.  Wait
one hour, repeat.  Skimmer/RBN hasnâ??t filtered down to the cluster crowd yet,
I'm sure it's only a matter of time.

I wasn't really fired up for this one - too much work, not enough sleep the
week before.  Didn't get home until 2350z Friday.  Got on the air at 2357z,
made a qso on my first call and the adrenaline kicked right in.

Many thanks for all the Q's and especially to the guys that took the time and
effort to dig out my signal thru many repeats.  After being QRT for several
years, it sure is fun to be back on the air working many familiar calls.

TS850, 2x 2el Inv L (ne/sw & se/nw), 2x Bev to EU.

greg/na8v