[3830] ARRLDX CW K7ZO SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K7ZO SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 15:10:00 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K7ZO
Operator(s): K7ZO
Station: K7ZO

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Idaho
Operating Time (hrs): 4

  160:
   80:
   40:  85     44
   20:
   15:   3      3
   10:
-------------------
Total:  88     47  Total Score = 12,408

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

My only antenna is a 40M dipole at about 20 feet high but thought I would give
it a go. Was totally amazed when 3 minutes into the contest and over an hour
before sunset I heard and called UW1M and he came back on the first call.
Worked a bunch more Europeans in the period of my sunset plus or minus an hour.
The path to Europe seemed to get weaker as my evening wore on. Nice 40M activity
from Japan and Asia around my dawn. The P29CW pileup was ridiculous.

Figured I would also try loading the dipole on 15M. That didn't work too well.
The SWR was too high for the amp and so had to go barefoot. Worked a few
stations in South America but gave up on the idea after the fifth S9+ JA I
called just kept CQ'ing in my face. Didn't even get a "?".

Didn't expect too much but it was fun playing on the radio for a few hours.

Scott/K7ZO