[3830] ARRLDX CW N1UR SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n1ur@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N1UR SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 17:13:23 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N1UR
Operator(s): N1UR
Station: N1UR

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: VT
Operating Time (hrs): 44
Radios: SO2R

  160:   63    41
   80:  386    69
   40:  796    83
   20: 1118    87
   15:  630    80
   10:   48    34
-------------------
Total: 3041   394  Total Score = 3,566,475

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

This contest is always a blast for me.  It is the best running contest of them
all.  Even better than WPX actually.  I rarely find myself in the position of
having to disconnect from great runs to make sure I grab mults but I did in
this contest.  I am sure I lost out on some 10M EU mults because I refused to
let go of 200+ peak and 150 - 160 last 60 min run rates on Saturday and I
cannot do SO2R at those speeds.  Sunday was not as good on 10 or 15 as
Satirday.
I was expecting 160 and 80 to be a challenge but they were better than feared
and as others have reported, 10M was a bust.  Only worked DL and F on mainland
EU and no Pacific.  Probably missed 5 - 10 mults that others seemed to have
worked that I missed bu there was just no way I was leaving that rate.
Was called by 3B8 and VU and ZC4 for surprises on 20M run and KH6 calling on
80M while running EU sunrise was also a surprise.
All the antennas worked for this one. I can thank W3EF and N5AW and N4TZ and
W1JQ and N1PGA for keeping the Low Power Murphy busy on this one.  This is
probably one of the first ARRL DX where I didn't have any antenna issues.

Easy to have a blast when things work and the conditions are very good.

3.5 Million and 3,000 Qs is a personal best for me.

Ed  N1UR