[3830] CQ160 SSB KE3X Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kenlow7@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB KE3X Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 06:05:03 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: KE3X
Operator(s): KE3X
Station: KE3X

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Washington, DC
Operating Time (hrs): 6

Total:  QSOs = 118  State/Prov = 32  Countries = 4  Total Score = 10,476

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Station:  FT1000MP at 80-watts to Inverted-L (30 feet vertical, 100 feet
horizontal).

DC is a separate multiplier from Maryland in only a handful contests each year,
so despite family obligations I spent a few hours Searching and Pouncing.   W3DQ
was also active so there were at least two opportunities to get the DC mult -
thanks Eric!

Pleasant surprise to be able to work some DX on 160 Phone with my low
Inverted-L and no receiving antenna: CR2X, CN2A, XE1RGS and C6ANM.   Special
thanks to CN2A for spending at 3 full minutes pulling my callsign out of the
QSB and QRM - I appreciate it OM!

The new FT1000MP played great with 80 watts across the whole band using the
onboard tuner.   Major step up from the old IC-735 - should have traded up
decades ago, Duh!   I even had a short run of 10-15 stations up at 1.992 on
Saturday night, which was a treat from a city lot running LP on 160 phone with
marginal conditions.   Next step - build the spud gun and get the L higher up.

73 and see you in the next one,

Ken KE3X