[3830] CQ160 SSB W7VO Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w7vo@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB W7VO Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 08:27:46 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: W7VO
Operator(s): W7VO
Station: W7VO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Scappoose, OR
Operating Time (hrs): 17

Total:  QSOs = 258  State/Prov = 38  Countries = 4  Total Score = 25,830

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

What a humbling experience. This is my first effort in the CQWW 160 phone
contest, and it was much more of a challenge than I thought it would be.
Approximately 17 hours of picking out callsigns from out of  the noise, which
was S9+10 with the FT-2000s pre-amps on, settling down to "only" S9 after about
1AM or so. The rx 360 ft. long Beverage was only good to the south, as there is
noisy powerline to the north of me that buzzes pretty loudly on 160M. Still, I
was able to work a lot of weak CA stations that I could only make out with the
Beverage. Many thanks to the guys on the other end that had the endure all of
the "AGAIN.... AGAIN" exchanges!