[3830] CQ160 SSB N1CC Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jimlaporta@jlaporta.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB N1CC Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 14:46:24 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: N1CC
Operator(s): N1CC
Station: N1CC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TEXAS
Operating Time (hrs): 1.75

Total:  QSOs = 34  State/Prov = 17  Countries = 2  Total Score = 1,496

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

Far Different conditions compared to CW section.  For my small setup the
surprise was that I am now hearing far better than I can work.  I heard several
EU stations, South American and Gulf area stations - who could not hear me.  I
woked ZF2AM one call in a pileup.  I couldn't work most US Stations, big guns
like NQ4I and K5RX (Even tho he was QRP) were 40 Over 9 and could not hear me.
Some stations would hear me the first time ... another fellow in the same state
could not hear me.  WG5J was pinning the needle on the FT-990 and never even
heard PART of my call. (He is 50 miles west of me...)

Solving the RX problem with the MFJ 1026 Noise Canceller created the
situation... now to find a way to get more RF outta this postage stamp lot!

I'll get the 160 secret formula soon....  73 Jim